Sunday, October 18, 2009

300 buoyant objects, 30 fps

That's right - I was watching while my 2.0 Ghz Core 2 duo laptop was simulating 300 buoyant boxes at 30 fps in GM. I was so excited to see that! I'm not completely done with the buoyancy and the buoyant objects take too long to come to rest as of now, but I'm taking a break from that and trying to implement a Ultimate3D compatibility mode. This will take all of the work converting the coordinate systems. I have never used Ultimate 3D, so I am going to have to learn how to use it to add this option. I've been wanting to learn anyway though :) Here's a list of things I need to do before release of GMNewton 2:

95% Buoyancy
10% U3D coordinate system support
90% Convex Hull tolerance feature. Currently always set to 0
0% Fix collision callbacks to detect all collisions
0% Create documentation and examples
***RELEASE***

No comments:

Post a Comment